UM Advising Commons

Summer Session: Financial Aid Changes

Below is information regarding recent financial aid changes. Because of this change, some students who thought they couldn’t afford Summer Semester may now have aid available to them. Thank you for sharing this with your advisees.

Due to recent changes in the federal law, the University of Montana may be able to offer additional Pell aid for Summer Semester even if a student attended the academic year full time for both semesters. This “third” semester within the same academic year has not been possible until this change in the law. The change in the law, however, has not changed the student loan programs. Students will be eligible only for the unused balances they may have from the academic year loan annual limits.

Students should check with the Financial Aid Office to find out how to apply for Summer aid and to be evaluated for all types of assistance:

  • Visit: Griz Central Financial Aid Counter
  • Call: 406.243.5373
  • Email:

~Submitted by Jessica Carter, XLS


April 6, 2010 - Posted by | Summer Session

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: